There’s something about a potential love interest that can send us into a tailspin of obsession. We think about them constantly, trying to piece together their life story from the scant information we have. If you’re asking yourself, “why am I obsessed with someone I barely know,” we have the answer for you. Read on to discover why!
8 Reasons why you’re obsessed with someone you barely Know
You’re constantly checking their social media for any new clues about their whereabouts or relationship status. You even start to believe that you’re meant to be together, even though you barely know them.
You might be obsessed. And here are some reasons why you might be feeling this way:
1. They always seem to be just out of reach.
Like a carrot dangling in front of your face. You can see them, you can even smell them, but you can’t quite taste them. And the more you try to get closer, the further away they seem to slip.
2. They’re a mystery.
You don’t know anything about them, but you desperately want to solve the puzzle. Who are they? What do they like? What do they think about you? It’s all so tantalizingly out of reach.
3. They’re unattainable.
Another reason why we’re obsessed with someone we barely know is because they’re unattainable.
Maybe they’re taken, maybe they live on the other side of the world, or maybe they just don’t seem interested. Whatever the reason, they’re just beyond your grasp. And that only makes them more desirable.
Related post: What Do Men Want In A Woman? 25 Traits Men Love
4. They’re exciting and new.
Everything about them is unknown and unexplored, which makes them thrilling and exciting. The prospect of finally getting to know them is enough to keep you up at night.
5. They make you feel alive.
Maybe it’s because they’re so different from you or because they challenge everything you thought you knew about yourself. Either way, being around them makes you feel AMAZINGG and ALIVEE!
6. They’re just plain ol’ attractive.
OK, so this one is shallow, but let’s be honest, we all know that physical attraction plays a role in why we’re obsessed with someone we barely know.
7. They make you laugh.
Laughter is an instant mood booster, so it’s no wonder you’re drawn to someone who makes you laugh. A sense of humor is also a great way to bond with someone, so you may feel like you have a strong connection with your crush even though you don’t really know them that well yet.
Related post: Should I Call Him? Here’s Everything You Need To Know
8. They make you feel good about yourself.
For some reason, being around them makes you feel confident and attractive. They give you butterflies and make you feel like you’re on cloud 9!
What are signs of obsession with someone?
It’s not uncommon to become obsessed with someone. We’ve all been there. But how do you know if you’re really obsessing? Here are five telltale signs:
- You can’t stop thinking about them: They’re always on your mind, no matter what you’re doing. All you can think about is them.
- You stalking them online: You spend hours scrolling through their social media feeds, looking for any clues about their life and who they are.
- You’re constantly making excuses to see them: You always have a reason to be in the same place as them, even if it means making up an excuse.
- You’re constantly talking about them: They’re the main topic of conversation, no matter who you’re talking to.
- You can’t let go: Even if they don’t want anything to do with you, you can’t seem to shake your feelings for them.
Related post: How To Stop Obsessing Over Someone You Like For Good
How do you stop obsessing over someone you don’t know?
It can be tough to stop obsessing over someone you don’t know, especially if they’re really attractive or popular. But there are a few things you can do to try and break the spell. Here are four tips:
- Limit your exposure. If you find yourself constantly thinking about the person, try to limit your exposure to them. This means avoiding places where you know they’ll be, and unfollowing them on social media. Out of sight, out of mind!
- Find a hobby. When you’re not thinking about the person, fill your time with something else that you enjoy. This can be anything from reading, to playing sports, to taking up a new hobby. Having a distraction will help take your mind off of the person.
- Talk to someone else about it. It can be helpful to talk to someone else about the person you’re obsessed with. This can help you to get some perspective and maybe even realize that they’re not as perfect as you thought they were.
- Focus on your own life. Remember that there’s more to life than this one person. There are other people out there who would love to get to know you! This world is soooooo abundant girl!
Why am I thinking about someone all of a sudden?
You know that feeling when you’re just going about your day and then, all of a sudden, you start thinking about someone you haven’t thought about in ages? It’s weird, right?
It’s like they just pop into your head out of nowhere. And then you can’t get them out of your head again. You start wondering what they’re up to, how they’re doing, if they ever think about you.
There are all sorts of reasons why this happens. Maybe you saw something that reminded you of them. Or maybe you just heard their name somewhere.
Or maybe it’s just because you’re thinking about someone else and they happen to pop into your head. Who knows?
Crying over a guy you barely know
I remember when I was younger and I would meet a guy I really liked. I’d immediately start planning our future together. In my head, we would get married and have five kids. We would grow old together and be happy forever.
So, when he would inevitably break my heart, I would cry for the loss of the future I had created in my head. Now that I’m older, I realize that this is actually pretty normal behavior.
We create these imaginary futures in our heads because we want to be loved and we want to be happy. And when the guy we like doesn’t feel the same way, it hurts.
So, don’t be too hard on yourself the next time you find yourself crying over a guy you’ve only been on one date with. Most of us can relate, haha!
Related post: How To Be In Your Feminine Energy With A Man? 9 Best Tips
Take him off the pedestal, sis!
When you’re head-over-heels for someone, it’s easy to put them on a pedestal. You see them as perfect and flawless. Maybe they are your celebrity crush or the new cutie at work.
Whoever they are, you can’t help but be fascinated by them. But here’s the thing: no one is perfect. Everyone has flaws and shortcomings.
So, if you want to stop being obsessed with someone, it’s time to take them off the pedestal. Once you see them as a real person with faults and imperfections, it’ll be easier to move on.