Are you wondering if your FWB relationship can ever turn into something more? Here are signs your friends with benefits is falling for you.
Telltale signs your friends with benefits is falling for you
If you’re friends with benefits, you know the rules: no strings attached. But sometimes, things happen. You start to catch feelings, or your friend starts to catch feelings, and before you know it, the whole situation turns into a mess. If you’re wondering whether your friend with benefits is falling for you, here are some surefire signs to look out for:
1. You catch them staring at you
et’s say you’re in the middle of watching your favorite TV show when you glance over and catch your FWB staring at you. And not just staring, but actually looking deep into your eyes with a soft, dreamy expression on their face. Uh-oh. This is definitely a sign that they’re starting to fall for you.
Of course, if you don’t feel the same way, you might want to have a talk with him or her soon. But if you’re interested in taking your relationship to the next level, then this is a great sign.
2. They aren’t dating anyone else
Another pretty good sign that your FWB is falling for you is if they aren’t dating anyone else, on purpose. You might ask them, “Hey, why aren’t you dating her? Isn’t she cute”? And then your FWB responds with, “Oh, I’m just not interested right now”.
If it’s been a while since you’ve seen your FWB with someone else, it might be because they’re focusing on your relationship right now.
3. You’re spending more time together
Typically, FWBs only spend time together when it’s time to get busy in the bedroom. But if you realize that your friends with benefits is starting to initiate dates or make plans with you outside of the bedroom, then they might actually be interested in something more.
To be in a committed relationship, you not only have to compatible with the other person physically, but also spiritually and emotionally. So if your FWB is taking the time to get to know you and spend more time together, then there’s a pretty big chance they’re genuinely intrigued by you.
Related post: How Soon Is Too Soon To Move In Together? Here’s The Tea
4. They tell you super personal things
If your friends with benefits start confiding in you about their deepest, darkest secrets, it’s a pretty good sign that they’re head-over-heels for you. Maybe they confide in you about their family drama, or their hopes and dreams for the future. Whatever it is, just know that your FWB must really trust you and like you to share this information with you.
5. You act like a couple in public
If you’ve ever found yourself acting like a couple in public with your f buddy, then things are probably getting serious. It’s not just holding hands or cuddling in front of other people; it’s the little things, like knowing what each other’s order at Starbucks is, or finishing each other’s sentences.
Sometimes, your FWB might even get a little jealous if they see you talking to or flirting with someone else. If this is happening, then it’s a sign that your relationship is moving beyond the casual stage. And that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you’re looking for.
- You’re the only one they ever call “bae”
- They want to meet your parents.
- They want to know everything about you.
- You hold hands in public.
- Your Netflix and chill sessions always involve cuddling now.
- They try to impress you even outside the bedroom.
- You kiss hello and goodbye
Subtle signs your FWB likes you
Sometimes, it’s not that easy to tell whether your FWB is genuinely interested in you or not. Here are some of the more subtle signs your friends with benefits is falling for you:
1. The kisses feel more intimate
One of the clearest signs that your friends with benefits is falling for you is if their kisses start to feel more intimate. They’ll linger a little longer (not just tiny pecks); they’ll be a little softer, and they’ll make your heart race just a little bit faster. And before you know it, you’re in too deep, lol!
So if your FWB’s kisses start to pack a little extra heat, it’s probably because they’re starting to develop true feelings for you.
2. The way they looked at you changed
One surefire way to tell if your friends with benefits is if the way they look at you changed. They look deep into your eyes, almost as if they are trying to search your soul. It’s as if they’re so mesmerized by you that they’re lost in your eyes.
If this is happening, then you might want to have a talk with your FWB to make sure you’re both on the same page. Otherwise, things could get awkward – or even worse, someone could end up heartbroken.
3. They pay attention to little details
For example, they might start to pay attention to little details about you, like what kind of coffee you like or what color your eyes are. They might also start to go out of their way to do things for you, like giving you a ride home or bringing you lunch when you’re having a bad day.
These little details say a lot about their true intentions and how much they care about you. So pay attention!
Related post: How To Get A Guy To Chase You: 11 Insanely Powerful Ways
4. They pull away all of a sudden
They might seem distant or preoccupied, and they might start making excuses not to see you. It’s not because they don’t want to be around you – it’s because they’re scared of commitment, or getting hurt, or getting their heart broken. If your friend with benefits starts acting like this, it’s a subtle sign that they might be slowly developing feelings for you
5. Your gut feeling tells you
Sometimes, we just know in our hearts that someone likes us (even if we don’t want to admit it)
If you start to get that nagging feeling in the pit of your stomach that maybe, just maybe, your friends with benefits is falling for you, then it’s probably true.
- When you’re having a bad day, they’re always the first person to reach out and comfort you.
- They go out of their way to do things for you.
- They always want to touch you or be close to you.
- ‘Good morning’ and ‘goodnight’ texts have become a regular thing.
- They never hesitate to show off their affection for you in public.
- He calls you during the day just to chat.
- They get jealous when you talk about other guys.
- They frequently compliment you on your non-physical attributes.
Do guys fall in love with friends with benefits
Yes, of course! Since the both of you already have a super intimate and physical relationship, it’s even more likely that he falls for you. So, the answer is yes. Also, if the guy is already somewhat attracted to you; then it’s definitely possible for him to fall deeper in love over time.
But if he’s made it super clear from the beginning that all he wants is physical intimacy and isn’t interested in anything more; then it’s probably not going to happen.
But who knows! Never say never, right?
How do you know a guy is emotionally attached?
- He’s always texting you. Whether he’s sending you long, rambling texts about his day or just sending you a random ” thinking of you” message, he’s definitely got you on his mind.
- He always wants to spend time with you. He’s always asking to hang out, even if it’s just for a quick coffee or a walk in the park. He’s clearly interested in spending as much time with you as possible.
- He always wants to please you. Whether it’s doing things to make you happy or going out of his way to do something nice for you, he’s always trying to make sure you’re happy.
- He talks about your future together. He’s always making comments about the future and how he sees you in his life. This is a pretty clear sign that he’s emotionally attached to you and doesn’t just want to remain FWB.
How long does FWB usually last?
Again, it depends! Some FWB relationships last for only a few weeks, while others last for YEARS! There are no strict rules on how long friends-with-benefits relationships are supposed to last. As long as the both of you are enjoying each other’s company and having the time of your life, then that’s all that matters! Just make sure to use protection, lol.
Can friends with benefits go back to just friends?
Well, yes… and no. It all depends on the situation. If both of you are okay with going back to being just platonic friends, then there’s no reason why you can’t do that. But, if one of you is still hoping for something more, it’s likely that the friendship will be strained.
So make sure to communicate openly and honestly with your FWB about what you’re both expecting from the relationship. Otherwise, you may end up in an awkward situation and even a horrible heartbreak. So, can friends with benefits go back to just friends? The answer is complicated, but it’s definitely possible.
Related post: 21 Painful Signs The Relationship Is Over For Him
Pay attention to the signs
I hope you found these ‘signs your friends with benefits is falling for you’ helpful! If you see any of these signs, make sure to have a talk with your FWB to make sure that you’re both on the same page. Otherwise, someone might get hurt or have their heart broken. And we definitely don’t want that to happen!