Feeling like your boyfriend is distancing himself more and more each day? Here are some painful signs the relationship is over for him.
21 Signs the relationship is over for him
Is something feeling off about your relationship recently? Does he not cuddle you as much as he used to? Does it take him forever to reply to your messages? Is he super cold and distant all of a sudden? Here are some signs the relationship is over for him:
1. You feel it deep within you
That’s right, when your gut tells you it’s time to move on, that’s usually the case. Of course, you could ignore your gut and stay in the relationship, but who wants to do that? Life is too short to be unhappy, so if you know it’s time to call it quits, then do it.
Trust your gut and end things before they turn sour. Who knows, maybe there’s someone out there who’s just perfect for you. But you’ll never find them if you’re stuck in a bad relationship. So move on and never look back!
Related post: 17 Honest Signs He Pretends To Love You And Doesn’t Care
2. There’s no more eye contact
Think about it: eye contact is the most basic form of communication. When we like and trust someone, we naturally want to look at them. But when our feelings start to change, we start to avoid eye contact. It’s like our brain is telling us that we don’t want to see what’s really there.
So, if you realize that your partner is looking away when you try to catch your eye, it could be a sign that the relationship is over for them – even if you’re not ready to admit it yet.
3. You barely spend time together
If you’re in a relationship and you find that you and your partner are barely spending any time together, it might be a sign that the relationship is over for him. It could be that he’s losing interest, or that he’s found someone new. Either way, it’s probably time to move on.
Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, so if you’re still getting along well and you have plenty of things in common, then it might just be a phase.
4. Conflict is constant. Almost 24/7
Conflict is a normal, and even healthy, part of any relationship. After all, it’s how we learn to compromise and communicate with our partners. But, when conflict becomes constant and all-consuming, it can be a sign that the relationship is in trouble.
In a healthy relationship, couples are able to resolve their differences and move on. But when conflict becomes a way of life, it can take a toll on both of you. And if you find yourself constantly fighting with your partner, it’s possible that the relationship is over for him.
Related post: How To Stop Obsessing Over Someone You Like For Good
5. He doesn’t support your wins
One of the surefire signs that a relationship is over is if your partner stops supporting your wins. If you’ve stopped celebrating your accomplishments together, it’s a sign that he’s checked out of the relationship. After all, why would he bother celebrating your successes if he doesn’t see a future with you?
Instead, he’d rather sulk in his own misery and let you know that he’s not happy for you. So, if your partner has started to ignore your successes, it’s time to move on. There’s no point in staying in a relationship with someone who doesn’t want to share in your happiness.
6. He doesn’t want to work through the problems
If you’re constantly arguing and he’s never around to talk about it, it’s a pretty good indicator that he doesn’t want to fix things. This means he’s checked out emotionally and just isn’t interested in reviving the relationship anymore.
Think about it: why would anyone want to work through problems with someone that we don’t really care about anymore?
I know this sounds harsh, but it’s kind of true. When you’ve given up on someone or something, you generally won’t bother to fix any problems associated with him/her/them/it.
Related post: Will He Come Back After Leaving? 9 Telltale Signs
7. You feel lonely in his company
You know the relationship is over when you start feeling lonely in his company. Sure, there are always going to be times when you’re not together and you feel a little lonely. But when you’re together and you feel alone, that’s a sign that something is wrong.
It could be that he’s not giving you the attention you need or that you’re not sharing the same interests anymore. Whatever the reason, feeling lonely in his company is a sign that it’s time to break it off. There’s plenty of fish in the water! Find someone who’s able to cherish you and make you feel loved.
8. Everything feels forced
Do you feel like you and your partner are just holding hands just to hold hands, and not because you want to? It’s as if your partner’s putting on a show for the world to see. Pretending that there’s nothing wrong with your relationship even though you both know deep down that it’s not working.
When he kisses you, he’s not as passionate as he used to be. When he hugs you, he lets go within seconds. And when he says ‘I love you’, it just sounds fake.
You both know you’re forcing the relationship and trying to make it work. It’s like trying to salvage a shattered glass window with duck tape. It’s just not the same anymore.
- He doesn’t like it when you hug him
- The kisses feel different
- He doesn’t do the things he used to do for you
- You feel like a burden
- He always making excuses for why he can’t spend time with you
- He doesn’t initiate ‘intimacy time’ anymore
- You don’t feel wanted or desired by him
- He doesn’t put in any effort toward the relationship
- He’s spending more time with his friends than with you
- You’ve stopped going on spontaneous dates
- He takes forever to reply to your texts
- He doesn’t say “I love you” as much as before
- Your intuition tells you that the relationship is over
Signs your long-term relationship is over
It’s never easy to admit that a relationship is over. After all, you’ve invested so much time and effort into making it work. But sometimes, the signs are just too clear to ignore. Here are a few tell-tale signs that your long-term relationship may be reaching its end:
- You no longer have anything in common. Over time, couples naturally grow and change. But if you find that you and your partner no longer share any interests, values, or goals, it may be time to move on.
- You’re always fighting. Healthy relationships involve some degree of conflict. But if all you ever seem to do is argue, it’s a sign that you’re no longer compatible.
- You’re keeping secrets from each other. Trust is essential in any relationship. If you find yourself keeping secrets from your partner, it’s a sign that the trust has been broken.
- You’re no longer attracted to each other. Attraction isn’t everything, but it is important in a long-term relationship. If the spark has gone out, it may be time to call it quits.
How do you tell if he wants you to break up with him?
How do you know if he’s ready to break up with you? Well, there are a few tell-tale signs. For starters, has he started giving you the silent treatment? Or has he been acting more distant and distant? If so, it’s likely that he’s trying to distance himself from you emotionally in preparation for breaking up.
Also, pay attention to how he talks about your relationship. Has he stopped saying “we” and started saying “you” instead? This is a sign that he no longer sees you as a team, but as two individuals who are no longer together.
Finally, take note of his body language. Is he avoiding eye contact or physical contact with you? If so, it’s a pretty clear sign that he’s not interested in being close to you anymore.
Is he done or just mad?
If your boyfriend is suddenly giving you the silent treatment, it can be tough to figure out what’s going on. Is he just mad, or is he done with the relationship? Here are a few signs that may help you tell the difference:
If he’s just mad, he’ll probably still be texting and calling you, even if he’s not talking much. He may also give you the cold shoulder in person, but he’ll still be around.
If he’s done, on the other hand, he’ll probably disappear completely. He might stop returning your texts and calls, and you probably won’t see him much in person either.
Another clue that your boyfriend is just mad is if he’s still interested in what’s going on in your life. If he asks how your day was or brings up something that happened to you, it’s a good sign that he’s just cooling off and doesn’t want to fight.
But if he starts acting like you don’t exist, it’s a pretty clear sign that he doesn’t care about you anymore.
Are there signs that indicate it’s time to end a relationship?
Just like any good relationship, you know when it’s time to end things. Here are some surefire signs that it’s time to call it quits:
- You find yourself googling “how to break up with your significant other.”
- You can’t even remember the last time you had a conversation that didn’t end in a fight.
- You’d rather spend time with your pet than your partner.
- The thought of going on another date with your partner makes you want to cry.
- You’re emotionally exhausted.
- Your friends and family have started giving you sympathetic looks whenever they see you together.
- Your intimate life has become nonexistent (or, if you’re being honest, really, really bad).
- You can’t remember why you got together in the first place.
If he doesn’t love you, move on sis!
I hope these ‘signs the relationship is over for him’ were helpful : )
Life is too short to waste your tears on someone who’s not able to love you the way you deserve to be loved. If you feel that your partner isn’t putting anymore effort in the relationship and doesn’t appreciate you for who you are, then do yourself a favor and leave.
You’re a bad B*tch, so don’t let anyone dim your light! Not even the hottest guy on planet earth!