Has he been extra distant lately and keeps canceling plans? He might not be interested. Here are 25 signs he’s not into you.
Subtle signs he’s not into you anymore
Finding out a guy that you like is not interested in you anymore can suck, BIG TIME. I’ve been there before, and it literally feels like my heart was torn out of my chest. HORRIBLE.
Has your gut been telling you that your guy is not into you anymore? Here are some signs to help you figure out whether it might be the case.
Related post: No Contact Rule: The Ultimate Way To Get Over A Breakup
1. You’re always the one initiating
If you’re always the one initiating contact with your guy, it might be a sign that he’s not that into you anymore. You shouldn’t be the one putting in all the effort, planning all the dates, and trying to keep the conversations going. NOPE. Not okay.
So just stop texting him and initiating plans completely. If you never hear from him again, then you have your answer: He’s really not that into you.
2. His words doesn’t match his actions
There are a lot of signs that he’s not that into you anymore, but one of the most telltale signs is if you can’t rely on him.
If he used to be reliable and dependable, but now his words don’t match his actions. Or in other words, constantly changing plans or canceling at the last minute. Then it’s a sign that his feelings have changed.
He might not even be aware of it, but his actions speak louder than his words.
So if you feel like you can’t rely on him anymore, it’s time to have an honest conversation about the future of your relationship.
3. Your gut is telling you something’s wrong
It’s tough to admit, but if your gut tells you he’s lost interest, it’s probably true.
Even if we can’t put our finger on it, we can often tell when something’s not right. That’s our intuition talking! If you’ve been getting a weird feeling that something’s wrong in your relationship, trust it.
If you know that you’re not being paranoid, and you know deep down that the spark is gone, then trust that feeling.
And don’t forget to let him know how you feel so you can potentially talk things out.
4. It gets awkward. A lot.
Suddenly, there are more silences than conversations, and things just feel…weird. It’s not that you don’t have anything to talk about. It’s just that he’s not making the effort to keep the conversation going.
You feel like you’re bothering him just by trying to have a basic conversation and ask him how his day went.
If you’ve noticed that things have gotten awkward between you and your guy, it might be because he’s not interested anymore.
Related post: Is He Losing Interest? 23 Warning Signs You Need To Know
5. He doesn’t open up to you
If your guy used to be an open book, and now he’s suddenly slammed the cover shut, it might be a sign that he’s not that interested anymore.
It’s not that he doesn’t care about you; he’s just not as invested in the relationship as he used to be.
He probably doesn’t want to be vulnerable with you anymore because he doesn’t see the relationship going anywhere. He doesn’t want the relationship to progress, so he’s not opening up and letting you in.
6. You’re constantly confused about where you stand
Are you constantly wondering, “where do I stand?” and “is he into me?” If so, he’s probably not doing a good job of satisfying your emotional needs in the relationship.
If you’re frequently confused about the state of your relationship, it could also be a sign that he’s losing interest. Of course, this isn’t always the case – sometimes people are just busy or preoccupied with other things.
But if you feel insecure and doubtful regularly, this is a red flag to pay attention to.
7. He doesn’t include you in his plans
He used to include you in everything, from what movie to see on date night to what color to paint the bathroom. But now, it’s like you don’t even exist.
All of his decisions are made without any consideration for you or your feelings. And when you do manage to get a word in, he shoots down your ideas without so much as a second thought.
Signs he’s not into you body language
When a guy is genuinely interested in you, you know! He smiles at you a lot, he goes out of his way to talk to you, and he always seems to be around when you’re around.
But what about the signs that he’s NOT that into you? If you’re worried that the guy you’ve been crushing on isn’t interested, here are 10 signs to look for.
- He never makes eye contact with you.
- He always has his arms crossed in front of him.
- He turns his body away from you when you’re talking.
- He seems distracted when you’re talking to him.
- You can’t remember the last time he actually looked directly at you and smiled.
- Whenever you try to touch him, he stiffens up and moves away.
- He doesn’t kiss you as often.
- He yawns a lot when you’re talking.
- You catch him staring at other girls often.
- He seems more interested in his phone than he is in talking to you
How do you know if he’s not into you through text?
There’s nothing worse than thinking you’re into someone, only to find out that they’re not into you, like at all. Ugh! So frustrating and heart-breaking : (Especially if you’ve been texting back and forth for a while and things seemed to be going well.
So how can you tell if he’s not into you through text? Here are a few telltale signs:
- He takes forever to respond. If it takes him hours or even days to get back to your texts, it’s a pretty good sign that you’re not a priority to him
- His responses are short and boring. If his texts are always one-worded answers, like ‘sure’ or ‘cool,’ then I think it’s time to move on girl. He’s not that interested.
- He doesn’t ask any questions. A good way to gauge someone’s interest is to see if they ask questions about you. If he’s always talking about himself, he probably doesn’t really care about getting to know you.
- He doesn’t make plans. You’ve been texting for months and he never calls or let alone makes plans to meet up in person, it’s a pretty clear sign that he doesn’t want anything serious.
Hopefully, these signs will help you avoid getting your heart broken by a guy who’s not into you. Remember. For every guy that’s not into you, there are tens of thousands of guys who ARE!
Related post: Should I Block Him Or Ignore Him? What You Need To Know
Is he busy or losing interest?
It can sometimes be tough to tell whether someone is losing interest or just busy. But there are a few key things to look for that can help you figure it out.
- Consider how much effort they’re putting into seeing you. If they used to text or call frequently and now they’ve cut back, that’s definitely a red flag. No matter how busy someone is, they can usually make the time to see the person they truly like.
- Take note of their body language when you’re together. Are they making strong eye contact with you when you’re talking to them? Or are they distracted and looking unamused? If it’s the latter, that’s another sign that they might be losing interest.
- How enthusiastic are they when you’re with them? No matter how busy someone is, they’ll still be happy to see and hang out with the person they like. So if he’s genuinely interested in you, he won’t be bored and annoyed when you’re around.
Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, so take these with a grain of salt. But if you notice that he’s acting differently recently, it’s probably time to have a talk with him to see what’s going on.
Why is he acting distant all of a sudden?
There are many reasons why he might start acting distant all of a sudden. But here are some other possibilities:
- He’s going through something tough and needs some time to himself.
- He could be losing interest in you and trying to ease his way out of the relationship.
- He’s communicating his feelings in a passive-aggressive way because he’s unsure how to express himself directly.
- He just needs some room to breathe.
There might be a million other reasons why he’s acting distant. So don’t try to guess. It might just cause more misunderstandings between you two. Ask him directly and let him know how you feel.
Related post: 17 Signs He Will Never Come Back And Is Gone For Good
Move on, sis!
If he’s not into you, move on. Plain and simple. I know it’s hard, but it’s something you must do. Don’t waste your time chasing after him – he’ll just hurt you even more!
There’s plenty of fish in the sea. If he doesn’t want you, then it’s his loss. Go out there and date! Have fun! And act like he’s never existed, lol ; )