Not sure if you guy you’re hanging out with is into you or not? Here are 25 sure signs he likes you but is hiding it from you.
How do you know if a guy is hiding his feelings for you?
How do you know if a guy is hiding his feelings for you? One way to tell is if he’s avoiding making eye contact with you. If he seems to always be looking away when you’re talking, it’s possible that he’s trying to hide his feelings.
Also, if he seems to always be around when you’re around, even if he doesn’t have anything else to do, that’s a sign. And if he consistently seems to be trying too hard to act like he doesn’t care about you, that’s definitely a sign as well.
If you’re seeing these signs, it’s likely that the guy is trying to hide the fact that he likes you.
Related post: 80+ Topics To Talk About With Your Crush Over Text
Signs he likes you but is playing it cool
1. He might act differently around you than he does around other people.
If he’s always joking and being loud around everyone else, but seems to clam up around you, that could be one of the signs he likes you but is hiding it.
2. He might start paying more attention to what he says in front of you.
If he’s always been a bit of a jokester, but starts censoring himself around you, that could be a sign that he’s trying not to give away his feelings.
3. He might start trying to do things for you.
If he’s always been relatively hands-off, but suddenly starts bringing you coffee or helping solve some of your personal problems, it could be because he’s trying to make an effort to get on your good side.
4. He might start giving you more compliments.
If he never paid that much attention to how you dressed or did your hair, but suddenly starts saying things about it, it could be because he’s trying to show his affection.
5. He might try to talk to you a bit more often.
If he’s always been a little bit standoffish but starts initiating conversations with you, that could be another one of the signs he likes you but is hiding it.
Related post: 25 Incredibly Stunning First Date Outfits Guys Love
7 obvious signs he likes you but is hiding it
The following are seven pretty obvious signs he likes you but is hiding it:
1. He always seems to be around when you need him.
He’s always there when you need him. He seems to show up out of nowhere just in time to help you with your car or carry your groceries home from the store.
You see his number pop up on your phone at random moments, and he never takes more than a few minutes to reply. It’s almost as if he has some kind of intuition about what you need before you even know it yourself!
2. He makes an effort to pay attention to what you have to say.
Him making an effort to pay attention to what you have to say is a good sign. When someone is really interested in you, they’ll make a point of listening and trying to understand what you’re saying.
They won’t just be thinking about what they want to say next. So if he’s always asking you questions and seems genuinely interested in your answers, it’s a good indication that he likes you.
3. He remembers all the little details about your life.
If you relate to this, then he probably likes you: He remembers your favorite color and the name of your first pet. He knows about the fight you had with your best friend and that time you got really sick after eating a bad oyster.
He even remembers the make and model of your first car. Why does he remember all these insignificant details? Because he cares about you and really likes you.
4. He’s always willing to do favors for you.
Another obvious sign is that he always seems willing to do favors for you. He’s there when you need him and he doesn’t complain about the small things, like driving your friend home from a party at 2 am or picking up your favorite drink at Starbucks.
5. He’s constantly looking at you when you’re not looking
Do you always see him looking at you from the side of your eye? It’s so obvious that he likes you but is hiding it!
He’s probably convinced himself that if he doesn’t say anything then the feeling will just go away or die out on its own. Let him know that this isn’t going to happen with a little subtlety.
6. He teases you in a flirty way.
A guy always teasing you in a flirty way is one of the most obvious signs he likes you but is hiding it. When someone teases another person, it’s usually because they find that person attractive and are trying to get a reaction out of them.
If he’s always making jokes at your expense or coming up with witty comments, it’s likely that he’s doing it because he wants you to like him back. So if you’re interested in him too, don’t be afraid to flirt back!
7. He’s always touching you in a gentle way
It could be his hand on your back as he guides you through a crowded room, or the light brush of his fingers against your arm as he hands you a cup of coffee.
But whatever the gesture, it always feels intimate and comforting. Does it mean that he likes you? Well, if he’s also doing all the other things on this list, it’s very likely that he likes you a lot.
Signs he wants you to notice him
There are certain signs that a guy will give off when he likes a girl. Here are six of the most common ones:
1. He’ll try to make himself look good around you.
If a guy likes you, he’ll try to impress you by making himself look good.
For example, if he knows you’re into the environment and wants to appear like an eco-friendly guy, then next time you see him he might show up wearing his new hemp shirt that he got from the thrift store, lol!
2. He’ll start paying more attention to his appearance.
This is a classic sign that a guy likes you. If a guy has been going around looking like a slob all the time, but then suddenly starts wearing better clothes and making sure his hair looks nice.
Chances are he’s begun to take more of an interest in how he presents himself because he wants other people – namely you – to notice him
3. He’ll start trying to impress you.
If a guy has begun to start throwing more compliments your way. Or if he’s started doing things like sending you funny emails about his day just to get your attention – Then there’s a good chance that he likes you.
4. He’ll try testing the waters with you more often by getting physical.
For example, if he’s always hugging you hello or goodbye. Or putting his arm around your shoulder when you’re together – then there’s a good chance that he likes you.
5. He’ll start to open up more and talk about himself more often with you.
Guys don’t usually like talking about their feelings very much because it’s not something men are supposed to do, but if he starts opening up more with you and telling you about his life, it’s because he trusts you.
He wants to share things with you that he wouldn’t want other people to know – which is another sign that he likes you.
6. He’ll try catching your eye during social situations.
Like I said before guys don’t usually like to show a lot of their feelings because it’s not manly, but one way that men will look for assurance that the girl they like feels the same way is by checking her out or giving her a smile when no one else is watching.
Signs he likes you but is afraid of rejection
1. You get mixed signals
You might be getting mixed signals from a guy because he likes you but is afraid of rejection. This can happen when a guy doesn’t have the courage to tell you how he feels and so tries to get your attention indirectly by acting like he’s not interested in you.
2. He makes jokes about liking you
You know, the one who makes jokes about liking you or something you did when he really likes you and is afraid of rejection. His jokes are a way of testing the waters to see if there might be a chance that you feel the same way that he does.
If your response is laughter or a smile. Then he knows for sure that you’re at least open to being friends with him, which may lead to more down the road.
3. His body language gives it away
hen it comes to the body language of someone who likes you but is afraid of rejection, there are a few key things to look out for. They may also fidget or play with their hair more than usual, or cross their arms defensively over their chest.
Other giveaway signs include avoiding physical contact, speaking in a softer voice, and blushing more easily.
4. He always replies to your texts fast
When you text someone and they reply right away, it can be a sign that they like you. But sometimes people reply right away because they’re afraid of rejection.
If the person you’re interested in is replying to your texts quickly, but not asking you out, it might mean that he’s scared of being rejected.
Don’t get too discouraged if this is the case – just keep showing him that you’re interested and see what happens.
5. You catch him getting nervous around you
If he’s nervous around you, this is could be a great signs he likes you but is hiding it. It can be hard to tell if a guy really likes you because guys are often scared of being rejected by girls.
They’re afraid that they’ll say something wrong or do something awkward and then the girl will think negatively about them.
6. He gets jealous when you talk about other guys
When a guy starts getting jealous when you talk to other guys, it means that he likes you but is afraid of rejection. He may not be ready to admit it to himself or to you, but the jealousy is a sign that he’s into you.
If you’re interested in him, don’t back away just because he seems a little insecure. Instead, try to reassure him that you only have eyes for him.
7. You can always count on him
There are many ways to tell if a guy likes you, but one of the most obvious is if he always helps you out. If he goes out of his way to do things for you, or to make your life easier in some way, it’s a sign that he’s attracted to you and wants to be around you.
Related post: 88+ Insanely Fun Things To Do With Your Boyfriend
How do you tell if a man is attracted to you?
There are certain signs a man gives off when he is attracted to a woman. Some are more subtle than others, but if you know what to look for, you can usually tell. Here are seven of the most common signals a man sends when he’s interested in someone.
1. He Gives You Loads Of Compliments: If you every really want to know how a man feels about you, find out how much he talks about you when you aren’t around.
If he gushes over your new haircut and tells all of his friends what beautiful eyes you have, it’s safe to say he’s head over heels.
2. He’s Open: If a man is falling for you, he will be open about what he’s feeling because there won’t really be anything holding him back anymore.
Instead of playing games or talking in circles, he’ll come right out and say how he feels.
3. He Calls When He Says: When a man likes a woman, chances are he’s going to be on time for their dates (or at least, try really hard).
If he is constantly late and always has an excuse, there probably isn’t any real interest on his part.
4. He Is Willing To Compromise: If a man truly wants to impress you, he’ll be willing to make changes for you. If he’s willing to go out of his way to spend time with you when it’s not convenient for him, these are clear signs he likes you but is hiding it.
5. He’s More Vulnerable: Everyone has insecurities, but when a man is head over heels, he’ll be more willing to show you his. He’ll feel comfortable opening up to you about what he’s feeling, rather than trying to hide it all the time.
Can you feel when someone is attracted to you?
Some people say that you can feel when someone is attracted to you, but others say that it’s impossible to tell.
The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. It’s definitely true that some people give off signals when they’re attracted to someone, while others are much more subtle.
If you’re interested in someone and want to know if they’re attracted to you, it’s a good idea to watch for the signs mentioned above.
How do guys show attraction?
Guys are really confusing. They will typically do anything to hide their attraction for you, but there are a few things they can’t control. The following are some of the main signs that he may like you:
- He makes eye contact with you more often than someone else who is not interested in you
- When he talks, he will face your direction rather than look down or away from you
- He touches his hair when talking to girls because it’s his go-to move if he feels nervous or awkward around them
- You notice that he talks to you or says your name more than he does other girls
- He laughs at whatever stupid joke you say because he is just trying to be nice and “get along with everyone”
- He seems uncomfortable when another guy talks to you
While it’s true that these are not the most obvious signs in the world, they may be a sign to look out for.