This post is all about how to tell your boyfriend you love him over text or in person!
When Should You Tell Your BF You Love Him?
It’s never too late to tell your boyfriend that you love him, and there is no RIGHT or perfect time either.
Saying “I love you” can be terrifying, but it doesn’t have to be. If the person you care about is worth waiting for, then they are definitely worth saying those three little words. Right?
However, saying “I love you” isn’t something that should be said lightly – it is special and I want you to remember it forever so keep this in mind before blurting out those three little words! It’s one thing to say ‘I love you’ if the relationship is already established, but saying it too soon can be awkward because it may make things feel more serious than they are.
If you’re not ready to swear your heart to someone else, then don’t say it because you could scare them away or send the wrong message.
Related Post: Dating In College – Is It Worth It? Everything You Need To Know
Why You Should Tell Your BF You Love Him
1. It’s a chance for you to really be open with him about how you feel which can lead to greater intimacy between both of you.
2. The more time passes with someone, the more likely it is that they will forget how much they mean to you. So while this might seem like an unnecessary step in some relationships, it may prove to be the most important to others.
3. Finally, if you’ve never said ‘I love you’ before – maybe because your relationship is new or it’s just not something you say often – this can be a great opportunity for both of you to take things to another level. In the end, saying ‘I love you’ is just one way to show how much you care for someone.
Related Post: 40 Intimate Questions Girls Are Afraid To Ask Guys
How To Tell Your Boyfriend You Love Him Over Text
1. I love staying up late to talk with you after a long day because it’s one of my favorite parts of the day.
2. I was listening to a song a while back, and thought about how much I loved our relationship and missed you when we’re not together. That’s when I realized that none of the lyrics together meant as much to me as “I love you” with the two of us.
3. When I feel nervous or upset about something, you’re always there for me and make me feel better immediately. I want to hold onto this feeling forever.
4. I love what we have together.
5. When you’re stressed out or mad about something, it worries me because I want to fix whatever is causing you pain so you’ll be happy again. I’m not perfect but if there’s anything I can do to help you, please tell me.
6. I committed to being your side no matter what happens because you’re one of the best things that have ever happened to me. I want us to grow old together and spend our whole lives making each other happy.
7. Sometimes when we fight, it makes me feel like our relationship isn’t worth it. But I know that the good times we have together are so much more important than any arguments we may have, and I’m staying with you forever.
8. You’re always there for me when no one else is, whether it’s from a bad day at work to my parents being standoffish. Thank you for sticking by my side through thick and thin, I love you.
9. You make me feel like the only person in the world when we’re together.
10. I love the idea of growing old with you.
11. I couldn’t imagine my life without you in it because the day we met was when things started to make sense for me.
12. You make every bad day into a good one.
13. You challenge me to be a better person, and always want the best for me even when I’m doing stupid stuff like staying out too late. I want to be there for you too, always.
14. I had a day where every single person was bugging me about something and it sucked so much, but then I got home and saw that you’d been sending me cute texts all day just to cheer me up even though you were busy. It meant so much to me.
15. Even when you’re having a crappy day, I want to be the person who brings a smile to your face because that’s what makes us work as a couple – we can help each other be happy.
16. You’re so cute when you get flustered and embarrassed, even though I know you hate it when I tell you that. But I can’t help but think about how adorable you are sometimes.
17. Sometimes we get mad at each other or just things don’t work out perfectly in our relationship, but that’s okay because we’re there to work through it and figure things out. I know we can do anything together if we try.
18. Sometimes I get scared that one day I’ll wake up and you won’t be in my life, but then I remember how lucky I am to have someone like you in the first place.
19. Life is hard but when we’re together, everything feels easy because all of our problems seem so small compared to what life throws at us every day.
20. When I’m with you, nothing else matters and it’s just us two against the world. I love that feeling so much.
How To Tell Your Boyfriend You Love Him For The First Time
Telling your boyfriend you love him for the first time can be super scary and intimidating. But here are some things you can do to set the mood and make saying those three words much easier. Maybe even have a sip of wine beforehand, haha. This is especially helpful If he’s not a big talker. Getting more physical or doing something super nice for him first will make the whole situation less nerve-wracking.
1. Hold his hands and look deeply into his eyes.
2. Watch a romantic movie together (let him pick the movie).
3. Give him a card that says, “You make my heart happy”
4. Draw him a picture of a heart with your initials on it
5. Envelope an old photo from when the two of you were younger and seal it up in a card
6. Make his favorite meal
7. Leave him an anonymous love letter in his locker or on his desk at school/work
8. Buy and wrap a new shirt and drop it off at his doorstep for no reason at all
9. Do something that he loves, whether it’s playing video games with him or cuddling for hours
10. Write “I love you!” all over the place in red lipstick
11. Sprinkle baby powder or glitter on his bed to spell out “I love you”
12. Wear a shirt that says, “I heart you”
13. Give him a keychain with your initials on it
14. Write little notes and leave them in his bag/purse/car/locker
15. Draw him a picture of your two initials with a heart around them
16. Give him breakfast in bed on his birthday
17. Frame one of his photos and hang it up in your living room
18. Arrange a surprise romantic date with him
19. Tell him 100 reasons why you appreciate and love him
20. Write “I love you” in chocolate syrup on his car window so he’ll see it when he gets up for work/school in the morning!
21. Text him how much he means to you when he’s sleeping so he’ll wake up to a super long and sweet message from you.
Can I tell him I love him first?
sometimes, it’s important for girls to step up and take charge in the relationship. Even if the guy you like doesn’t say ‘I love you’ back, at least he’ll know how much he means to you. Sometimes telling your partner can make them feel good about themselves – even if they don’t return your feelings. That way, they’re more likely to be kind and caring towards you and show their appreciation with gifts or other gestures of affection.
It’s also important for women to initiate conversations about their feelings because studies show that men often struggle to understand what women are thinking or feeling. If you tell your boyfriend how much he means to you, it will make him feel more valued and help strengthen the bond between you two.
There you have it. Tips on how to tell your boyfriend you love him over text and also in person! How did you enjoy this post? Let me know in the comments! Also, feel free to suggest any other relationship/college dating topics that you’d like me to cover on this blog.